Saturday, April 24, 2021

Playing around with a different irf510 setup

 Just wanted to get back to building again, so threw together something from a couple of sources.  Basically trying to bring up the Si5351 voltage to something, then put into a totem pole driver, and then into an IRF510.  In LTSpice it is working great (17w), but on the bench, not so much (1.5w).  The first driver section gives me what I want by itself, but when I put the totem pole on, it drops, so the transistor isn't turning on/off as hard and wasting power in between.  Might try to poke some more later, but may try a different approach.



EDIT: the whole "sleep on it" thing wins again.  Woke up early the next morning with my first thought being "you totally didn't connect Vcc to your driver".  Sure enough, I was so focused on triple checking the IRF510, I missed the power to the totem pole!  So I'm surprised I was getting anything at all out of it, much less 1.5w!  :)

I also was driving with a sine wave instead of a square wave like I intended.  Will need to go over my build and test again when I'm able to focus better...


No comments:

Post a Comment