Saturday, April 24, 2021

New paddle

 I 3d printed a new paddle.  Am pleased with it.

Here is the old/new together.


I am trying to make an ESP32 interface so I can do BLE to my iPhone so I can use it when I'm practicing on Morse-It, but so far it hasn't worked.  I managed to get it to be recognized on the wife's Windows laptop, but not on the iPhone/Mac.  I finally downloaded a program called "BLE Scanner", at which point I managed to get it to pair, but still can't get it to work with the morse program.  :/

UPDATE!

Is working now!  Still not sure why it wasn't showing up initially.  But the issue with sending seemed to be the 'delay' I had in there.  A longer one let it work, but then wasn't response enough.  (Only had the delay due to the example in the library I was using.)  Ended up rewriting using the debounce2 library, and am happy with the result.

Code is here

Now just need to design a box to print, etc.  May try to use a rechargeable battery I have to make it more portable.  (The Adafruit Huzzah32 has a built in LiPo charger with undervoltage protection).  All in all, result!



No comments:

Post a Comment