Thursday, April 8, 2021

Homebrewed FT8 - Continued

 After having had success receiving and sending separately, today I put together the rest of the picture.  Printed a little box for the TR switch.  Quite pleased with how that turned out - first time I designed a box that closed.  Even chamfered the screw holes so the screws sat right.

Managed to get everything going (WSJT-X already had the patch the guy submitted, so was very easy to get up and running), but guess the conditions aren't as good as the other day.  Not getting a lot of spots, and definitely not making any contacts.  Will have to try a different night.  As an aside, I think my amp might trying to become an oscillator on occasion.  I keep an eye on the amperage of my bench power supply, and sometimes it isn't going back down to the quiescent current level.  Will have to revisit that.  As an aside, I am making great use of the cheap-o infrared thermometer I got for Christmas several years ago - way better than testing the transistors with my finger :)





No comments:

Post a Comment