Saturday, December 14, 2019

Decoding CW from WebSDR with Fldigi on OSX

I got the urge to play around with WebSDR this morning.  After a bit, I got the further urge to try to use Fldigi with it.  I figured I already had Loopback from some music things I do, so I'd have a go.

Worked really well.  I just have a simple setup where I have the output of Safari into an output channel, and then am monitoring that.  Then in Fldigi, under "PortAudio" I have it use "Loopback Audio" for capture.  

Couple of notes:
  • It didn't show up as a soundcard at first - probably want to setup Loopback before opening Fldigi
  • It was initially doing some mode *not* cw.  It looked like I was supposed to change that in the lower left (where it said the mode), but you actually go up in the menu under "Op Mode"

No comments:

Post a Comment