Friday, February 25, 2022

Mostly 3d printed variable capacitor

 


Made a variable capacitor.  Measured it as 34-164pF.  Have notes about it on the thingiverse page.

As an aside, I went to measure it with the LC100A LC Meter, and the stupid usb port snapped off.  Wasn't feeling like fixing it right now, so tried using the nanoVNA.  But wasn't getting numbers that made sense - probably didn't calibrate it well (my dummy load may be more inductive than I thought).  So was getting some other resistors together to calibrate with, and in doing so I got out my regular multimeter (as my eyes are tired).  And turns out, *it* can measure capacitance.  I never noticed that before.  It was one I got at Radio Shack for cheap when they were going out of business, and I don't think it had the manual.  Anyway, that was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment