Saturday, January 22, 2022

RPI FT8 Success

Got a Pi4 for Christmas.  Got it working with the G90 today on FT8.

Couple of notes

  • I tried using the  Build A Pi, but ran into an unrelated issue where the Pi would not show a display after reboot.
  • Reinstalled from NOOBs (the cut-down os this time - was much faster).  But same issue.
  • Did again, but this time didn't let it install any updates afterward, and that worked.
  • I *think* the issue is this one.  So I might need to get a newer NOOBS or something in the future, but it is working for now.
My goal here is to run this headless, connected to my iPhone's hotspot, and also connect an iPad to the iPhone, then control the Pi from the iPad via VNC.  But am happy to have just got this working today.

For my future reference, this is a good guide for the settings on the G90 for this.  (In my case, I also need to set VOX, as I'm not using any CAT control.)

No comments:

Post a Comment