Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Lots to report!

Despite not getting much sleep last night and being rather exhausted, I managed to get on the air a good bit tonight.

  • I had the boys come out and play with the radio a bit.  I hooked the output to the aux input of my guitar amp so they could hear (only external speaker I could find in the house).  Evan tuned around to find us QSOs, and then read off the screen to see what they were saying.  Miles got excited, ran into the other room, and came back with an iPhone running Morse It so he could decode, too.  Good times.  :)
  • Despite the bands sounding rather noisy, I managed to have a very nice QSO with a guy in Utah.  He was also new at CW (was like his 10th qso to my 2nd), but sent very well.  We were both sending at like 3wpm farnsworth, but I managed to copy everything without looking at the QCX decoder.  Result!
  • I wasn't getting picked up on RBN at all tonight, so I thought I'd put on wspr just to see what things looked like.



What is that at the very bottom?  THAT'S ANTARCTICA!  WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment