Friday, April 22, 2016

Square wave test signal generator

I recently ordered parts from various sources, but haven't received them yet.  I was itching to build something, and I came across this little square wave test signal generator.



Just a little multivibrator to make a signal.  Since it is a square wave, you are going to get lots of harmonics.  The idea is that if you just need to put in *a* signal to see what comes out the other side (be it AF, IF, etc), this would be a quick little tool.

I didn't have a lot of free time today, so I decided just to get it working.  I needed to use a lower resistor value for RL1/RL2 as he mentioned - I guess the transistors I used didn't have as high of gain as his.  I used part of a paper clip for the probe, which worked pretty well.



I'm not sure when or if I'll actually use use this, but it got me my making fix for the day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment